At a time when COVID-19 testing is critical to the pandemic response, the State of Kansas is implementing drive-through testing sites to be available in communities across Kansas, to test first responders, healthcare providers whether or not they are exhibiting symptoms as well as anyone who may be exhibiting symptoms of the virus.
Walmart has partnered with the State of Kansas in this initiative to set up several mobile COVID-19 testing sites. One of the five sites will be located in Butler County.
The local site will be conducted at the El Dorado State Park, 1714 NE Shady Creek Access Rd, El Dorado, KS 67042. Testing will be available, through appointment, on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays each week from 10am – 3pm, weather permitting.
The official testing schedule launches Monday, May 4, 2020.
Information on how to schedule an appointment:
- All first responders and healthcare providers and anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- For more information on testing eligibility, please see CDC guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/priority-testing-patients.pdf.
- Those who wish to be tested will be screened to ensure they meet CDC eligibility for testing. If individuals have difficulty scheduling an appointment, they can call 800-635-8611, or they can schedule an appointment on-site. The testing site is supported by Walmart, eTrueNorth and state and local officials.
- A mobile drive-through COVID-19 testing site open to all healthcare providers and first responders and anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, at no cost to the individual.
- All appointments will be drive-through observed with self-collection.
- To be tested, individuals must be in a car and have a scheduled appointment through eTrueNorth at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com;
- On-site scheduling will also be available.
El Dorado State Park, 1714 NE Shady Creek Access Rd, El Dorado, KS 67042
- The official testing schedule launches Monday, May 4, 2020.
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays each week from 10am – 3pm, weather permitting.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your appointment time.
What to bring/things to note:
- The testing site will require an appointment through eTrueNorth’s online site (www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com). You will receive an appointment confirmation that you will need to have on hand when you arrive on-site.
- In addition, please make sure to bring your insurance card and valid photo ID for proof of identity.
- Those being tested will need to stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and self-administered test. For the safety of all those on-site, the test site is not available to walk-ups; those being tested must be in a car.
- Individuals being tested will perform a self-administered nasal swab in their car with a healthcare provider observing them. Directions will be provided in the confirmation email after scheduling the appointment and on-site.
- It’s important to take care of yourself and monitor your symptoms closely. If your symptoms do not improve or you develop new or worsening symptoms, seek medical attention right away. Do not wait to receive your results.
- Individuals will be able to access their results on http://www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com. They will receive a text and/or email notification when their COVID-19 test results are available.
- Average turnaround time is approximately 24 to 48 hours from the day of collection.
- While individuals who are tested are awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the disease from spreading to people in your home and community.
If you have any questions regarding your scheduled appointment, please call 800-635-8611.